[rfu-membership] Re: [RFU] Quick Schedule Update...

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 29 13:19:24 CST 2007

Some info on renewal updates, which I just now finalized due to last
minute renewal info coming in...

Yes, Sabaah Nuur has been renewed for some time. Not sure where it got
dropped, but it's slot is secure.

Per our decision at the Nov. 20 meeting, we were making one last attempt
to contact the two shows that showed recent logging, but who we had not
heard from.

That apparently finally got the attention of the Blu Flame Radio group,
both of who renewed earlier this week. Ray thus need not worry about
contacting them after The Show on Friday evening. Their show runs from
midnight Friday to 2am on Saturday.

I spoke with Muslim Mosaic, the other group, last night. Per today's
Finance update that I just now received from Joy, they both renewed
after I spoke with them and she found their renewals in the safe today,
confirming their slot from 7-8pm on Wednesdays.

I am attaching my renewal spreadsheet, which is authoritative because
I've been spending literally hours on getting the renewal info together
to make it accurate. It's what I've been working from to compose the
various messages I've posted to RFU-station and in the studio. I don't
mean to whine about this, but it is a job that RFU-Membership will have
to do next year. Hopefully, we will have our stuff together enough that
it won't take us three months to pull this off next September. In fact,
I recommend a _hard_ deadline next year of Sept. 30 for ALL renewals --
or you simply lose your show. It's too much work to drag this out for
months, simply because of a few people who can't bother to get around to
taking care of their renewals in spite of numerous messages to do it ASAP.

Note that my spreadsheet does NOT have the time slots of the shows. That
was more than I had time to track, but it would be good if someone else
can add these to it before next week's meeting. Whether or not that gets
done, then any open slot list needs to check it against both the on-line
schedule and my spreadsheet to confirm that the slots really are open.
Once that is done and checked, then it needs to be sent to the
_RFU-Station_ list, so that every current group has an equal opportunity
to either show up at the meeting or send in a request for a slot shift
within 72 hours.

Groups that apply at the meeting in person will take priority over email
submissions, as it is easier to sort any conflicts out with everyone
there than to do it afterwards. So if a group is represented at the
meeting, they will get a confirmed slot by the end of the meeting,
whereas those who send an email are taking a chance that the slot the
ask for may be given away at the meeting. I see no other fair way of
doing this.

Just to note another thing. Any NEW group that isn't already currently
on the air will need to wait to apply for slots until after 8pm on
Friday, Dec. 7.

There are a few shows who were granted extensions until Dec. 4 to take
care of issues with their second member. These need to be reviewed at
the meeting on Tuesday.

If possible, RFU-Membership should meet this Sunday, Dec. 2, at noon to
make sure we're all on the same page about how we're going to conduct
Tuesday's slot shifts from those groups requesting these.
Mike Lehman

Noel L. Vivar wrote:
> Can anyone vouch for Ghost's show?.. Ghost is Nick, right? Since he
> was listed as a trainer on the old site, I would think that he's on
> the up and up.
>
> I don't remember ever unscheduling his show, so he was probably not on
> the schedule when I took over.
>
> This also gives us an interesting policy problem. I have no way to
> confirm whether someone should be on the schedule but is not... Do we
> have anything in the group that can confirm this?
>
> -Noel
>
> On Nov 29, 2007 11:59 AM, Ghost Dance <ghostdance49 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> hey dan,
>>
>> I am not sure how it happened, but Sabaah Nuur got taken off the schedule on
>> saturdays from 9-11am.  We should have that spot, cause we renews and
>> everything...thanks. peace
>>

>>  On Nov 29, 2007 11:54 AM, dan blah <blah at chambana.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Hey all,
>>>
>>> I wanted to drop you a line and let you know that we have a total of
>>> 60 hours open on the schedule.  I think this is great news... it means
>>> we have almost 70% of our week filled up.
>>>
>>> If you are new to our RFU and or know of someone who is new and
>>> interstested head on over to our websites proposal page @
>>> http://www.wrfu.net/get-on-air.  If you would like to take up one of
>>> the available slots and are an existing eligible show in good
>>> standing, please send a message to rfu-membership at lists.chambana.net.
>>>
>>> Below is the available times broken down by day:
>>>
>>> Sunday
>>> 12-4am
>>> 7-8am
>>>
>>> Monday