[rfu-membership] Reminder: Renew RFU Memberships ASAP, Membership Meeting Sunday, Nov. 4 at Noon

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 31 10:08:47 CDT 2007

I processed the latest batch of RFU membership renewals and added them
to my list. Just over 40 members have renewed. There are about a dozen
shows which are fully qualified by having at least two members renewed.

There are a number of programming groups that have only one member
renewed. Please note that you need at least two current members to
continue to be qualified for a show slot. You should remind other
members of your programming group to renew or find other partners.
Otherwise, if it is just you who has renewed, you'll lose your show slot.

The RFU-Membership group will be meeting Sunday Nov. 4 at noon to
finalize the new schedule based on those who have renewed their
membership at that point. This revised schedule will be presented for
finalization at the Tuesday, Nov. 6 general meeting. We will be changing
the studio door lock combination shortly thereafter and only issuing it
to those programming groups that have renewed at least two members.

If you intend to continue your show, you MUST have two members of your
programming group renewed. Please do this ASAP, preferably this week by
stopping by the IMC, completing the membership form, and depositing it
with your renewal into the drop safe if Joy is not in the Finance office.

Those programming groups who have renewed can likely anticipate a number
of time slots to open up that were formerly held by non-renewing shows.
As soon as we have a confirmed list of open slots, Noel will announce it
for claims by existing shows, then we'll open up any remaining slots to
new shows.

For all practical purposes, unless we get your renewal to us by the Nov.
6 RFU general membership meeting, you can assume that you will lose your
show slot. If you renew after that date, we cannot guarantee your
programming group will get the same slot as before, because we will
already have made it available for claims by others. Once claimed by a
qualified programming group, it will no longer be your slot.
Mike Lehman