[rfu-membership] proposal wording and question

RANDALL R HAWKINS lrhawkins at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 2 22:42:36 CDT 2007

Suggested wording for the proposal to the general meeting about membership dues. (and another question at the end)

  Currently each member pays for one year when they join rfu, and renews one year from that date. So all members have different renewal dates. The membership group proposes that membership dues all come due on Sept 1 each year. We are proposing that membership cost $24 for one year from Sept to Sept ($2 per month). If members have already renewed this year, the amount due will be figured in Sept 2008. If members come due for renewal between now and Sept they will only renew through Sept of 2008. All memberships that are currently overdue for renewal, will renew now through Sept 2008. All overdue renewals will be considered due Sept 1. Then in Sept 2008, all current members will renew. When new members join their membership will be prorated. This will make it much simpler for the Membership Group to keep track of renewals, and thus will make it simpler for members to renew.

  Today we also discussed that the wording in the written organizational structure mentions that a member of each programming group must attend 50% of the meetings in a given year.  Mike mentioned that the intent was that be the General Meeting, but it doesn't really say that, and that we need to clarify that.  Either make it say, any meeting, or make it say the General Meeting. My understanding today, was that the concensus was any meeting, working group or general,  but maybe we didn't really discus that all the way through.  Is everyone good with that understanding.  If that is the agreement, do we need to take this to a general meeting -- since it basicly is a change in how that rule has been understood in the past?

  Lavana