[rfu-membership] Re: [UCIMC-Finance] Re: membership form a puzzlement

RANDALL R HAWKINS lrhawkins at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 9 12:00:43 CDT 2007

Thanks, Michele.  Yes, this is the form that Joy gave me a hard copy of and then I was not able to find it on the web site.

  Lavana

Michelle Shumate <shumate at uiuc.edu> wrote:
  Hi Mike and Lavana and others,
Attached is the more up to date membership form that I created about 6 months ago.  It never made its way to the website.  Hope this helps as you begin to rework it.  It does have a space for RFU membership already and additional donations to a working group or project.

  On 9/9/07, Mike Lehman <rebelmike at earthlink.net> wrote:  Hi Lavana,
I've cc-ed Joy, IMC-Finance and RFU-Membership so that we get additional
input and you have Joy's address

I think this is the link where you can find the link to the membership form:
http://www.ucimc.org/info/membership

Yes, this is a very outdated form. The IMC Outreach group has not been
active since before we moved into the building, so it's address at the
bottom of the form should be changed to something more current and useful.

What RFU needs on an updated form, besides a spot to designate the RFU
membership donation, is the following info:
email address (to be used to add the new member to the RFU-station list
and to one RFU working group)
RFU-Finance, -Membership, -Tech, -Automation, -Outreach (to designate
the working group the new member wishes to join)

I think that covers everything RFU needs to add, but let's run it by
RFU-Membership again to confirm. I think we should start adding ALL new
RFU members to the RFU-Station list, but people may want to discuss this
further. I know we wanted to add new members to at least one RFU working
group email list.

I may not be at the IMC-Finance meeting this Thursday, but once we get
something that fits the concerns of RFU-Membership, then we can propose
the changes to IMC-Finance. One way to do this is to use a smaller font
for this info, if needed to make it fit. As long as we can make it fit
reasonably well, I don't think there's any problem with updating the
form, as it is so clearly out of date.

Once we have an updated IMC membership form everyone has reviewed, then
Dan can replace the old one at the link above with the new one.
Mike Lehman

RANDALL R HAWKINS wrote:
> SNIP
> At any rate, I decided to do it this way.  I am sending you a scanned
> copy of the form that Joy printed off for me.  It does exist.  My
> suggestion would be an indented  line directly under the RFU
> membership ($20 for UCIMC members) asking --
>
> Which RFU working group are you interested in working with
> check all that apply
>
> Membership, Finance, Technical, etc.  you can list them better than I can.
>
> Then below that including the spot to check for key deposit, and other.
>
> It would scrunch the form a bit more, but perhaps there is room.
>
> Lavana

Michelle Shumate
Assistant Professor
Department of Speech Communication