[rfu-membership] Re: [Rfu-station] Membership Group Meeting Notes Sept. 16, 2007

Noel L. Vivar nlvivar at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 17:37:06 CDT 2007

Sounds like another productive meeting for membership! -Noel

On 9/16/07, Mike Lehman <rebelmike at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Attending: Dan, Janice, Mike
> > Lavana was to work on comparing attendance sheets from meetings to a
> > list of programming groups.  Michelle and Joy are working on getting
> > list of membership to help with this.  I have been waiting on this
> > list to go forward with this.  It is rather a conundrum to figure out
> > where to begin this task--  Now I am thinking I just need to get the
> > attendance sheets and start writing down names. I will try to work on
> > this over the weekend.
> Mike will check at the IMC for the meeting attendance sheets and will
> begin compiling these this week if Lavana hasn't had a chance to do this
> yet. The objective is to determine which programming groups have been
> fulfilling their commitment to station meeting participation and which
> have NOT been. Then intent is to compile through the end of the year,
> then suspend and/or cancel any programming groups who have not met the
> attending 50% of meetings requirement for the year at that point.
>
> > comparing Show Logs to membership list (Janice Lilly)
> Janice has composed a sheet with all currently scheduled shows and will
> begin checking the logs against this. Any group not signing the log and
> not sending a message about these missed shows for two weeks or more in
> a row to the RFU list will face having their show suspended or canceled.
> Shows logged in, but which miss the transmitter check would be in
> violation of FCC rules and would face suspension or cancellation per
> established station policy.
>
> Dan indicated that he hopes to get archiving operational again for
> checking whether missed log shows were actually broadcast, which will
> indicate an FCC violation by that programming group, with follow-up per
> established station policy.
> >
> > adding some info to IMC Mem form  -- not completed yet
> Lavana has most of this info and we hope to pass this along after
> finalization by RFU-Membership to IMC-Finance soon for incorporation
> into IMC/RFU membership form.
> >
> > a page at the web site making it easier to find information abou the
> > working groups, and what they are working on (Noel)
> >
> > training check list (Noel)
> > a day to train new trainers (Noel)
> Dan will check into this so that Noel will have correct permissions for
> website update. May involve some Drupal training. Dan also wants to work
> with Noel on website update.

Sounds good. Last week was a bad week for me. This one should be
better. I'll talk to Dan.

> > *Proposal for making membership dues all come due on one date*
> Mike is trying to resolve blocking concerns by a few people that held
> this up at the last general meeting. Exact level of membership is less
> important, although would still be nice to make it easy to prorate by
> making it easily dividable by 12. Intent  is to pass the once-a-year due
> date for membership at Sept. 18 general meeting. Most likely, this will
> be at the $18/year rate, unless we can get support for a higher rate
> that would actually fully fund basic station financial commitments
> including streaming copyright fees. Memberships will be due every year
> on Sept. 1, as this is at the end of the highest turnover period during
> the year.
>
> We still need to get the dates of last membership payment for all
> members from IMC-Finance, hope this will be in next week. We will
> prorate the few people who are actually paid up at this time (thanks to
> them!) or past Sept. 1 and ask for only enough to make up the difference
> carry them through next year at the $18/year rate. All other members are
> asked to soon be prepared to pay the upcoming year's membership, most
> likely due at the October 2 general meeting if the proposal is passed on
> Tuesday. We intend to ignore any non-payment that may be due from before
> Sept. 1, since we simply haven't been organized enough to ask for that
> and the honor system has not worked.

What is the probability that we don't have the dates of last
membership payment for all of our members?.. Should we start thinking
about how to handle it if we don't have dates for everyone?

> Those not attending the meeting to pay membership will be mailed notices
> and programming groups not fully paying will begin to be canceled in
> November. This should generate enough income to carry the station into
> the next year -- and hopefully through it, which is the objective.
> >
> > hashing out wording of policy about meeting attendance  Does a
> > programming group need to attend at least half of the general
> > membership meetings a year, or do working group meetings count towards
> > this in some way?
> For some time, it's been hoped that RFU working groups will start
> meeting regularly and we've somewhat achieved that. The intent is to
> reduce general meetings to once a month starting January 1 (i.e. after
> the fundraising drive has ended.) This should leave us with a
> requirement that each programming group attend at least one meeting a
> month, either general or working group.
>
> For purposes of compiling who has attended 50% of meetings so far this
> year, as noted above, we will take total attendance sheets and divide by
> two to arrive at number of meetings that need to have been attended to
> have met the station meeting attendance regulation.
>
> New Biz
> Janice will adapt her newly developed programming group list so that it
> can act as the meeting attendance sheet. Those present will be asked to
> print their names next to their programming group, simplifying the task
> of checking to see that each group is attending meetings.
>
> Notes by:
> Mike Lehman

Noel L. Vivar
505 East Clark Street, Apartment 24