[rfu-membership] Re: [Rfu-station] Reminder about Meeting Attendance, Possible Show Cancellations oming

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 28 12:43:50 CDT 2007

A big thanks to Lavana for compiling the data on meeting attendance by
programming group. If you have any questions, please direct them to
rfu-membership at lists.chambana.net .

I want to remind the following groups that they haven't attended a RFU
meeting in the last six months. Not one.

Chilled Beats   Sun 10pm-midnite

Friction Radio   M 9-11pm

It's Raining Discs and Ghouls   T 1-2am
Word and Song   T 8-10am
Universal Remonster   T 4-6pm
The Butterflies are Passive-Aggressive   T 6-8pm
Agora Urbana   T 10-11pm

Electric Koolaid   M noon-2pm
The Harbor   W 10pm- Th 1am

Almost Lunch   Th 11am-noon
Muse   Th 8-9pm
Serenity   Th 9-10pm
Late Nite Toast and Jam   Th 10pm-midnite

Hang the DJ   F 4-6pm
Habari Connection News   F 6-8pm

Blu Flame Radio   Sat midnite-2am
Word UP Radio   Sat 1-2pm
(Note: I adjusted a few of these groups' time slots to reflect the most
current schedule)

Please remember that meeting attendance is a requirement to keep your
program on the air at WRFU. You must have at least one member
participate in 50% of station meetings. The next Membership meeting is
noon, Sunday September 30 and the next general membership meeting is
8pm, Tuesday October 2.

The groups above represent 29 hours a week of mostly prime-time
programming. Yet we always have a shortage of members at meetings to
carry out vital station work. We are in the middle of a major fund drive
to improve the station's tower and equipment and need the active
participation of every programming group to be successful. The goal is
to raise a total of $20,000 by Dec. 1, which means that every
programming group needs to help us raise about $500 to achieve the total.

Membership will be working on a proposal to replace programming groups
which are not active in station work with new programming groups willing
to actively participate in making RFU a better and more effective
community radio station. The programming slots of these non-attending
programming groups are mostly at the time of day or night that new,
active members want and constantly ask for. Please start attending
meetings if you want to be a part of RFU, because we need your help and
really would prefer not to cancel your show because you've not been
active in station work.

The entry for Live Simulcasts, Sat 8-11pm,  is covered by a station
authorization for this purpose, just like the automated Spanish language
programs.
Mike Lehman