Fwd: [rfu-membership] Immediate response required: WRFU show

Andrew Ó Baoill andrew at funferal.org
Tue Dec 9 17:59:05 CST 2008

This is primarily a matter for Membership.

Michael should have been receiving messages if he's on either of our
two mailing lists. I had copied him on a mail last week (which I
received responses to from other WRFU members), and the note on the
door had directed those without the code to contact myself or others.
As you all know, keeping in contact with the station, through RFU-
station, is a mandatory requirement of all members. Some members, who
do not have internet connections, have made alternative requirements
to remain appraised of WRFU news and developments.

That being said, we now have communication, so my focus is getting
this situation resolved ASAP. Obviously, having scheduled shows
continue not to air, on the basis that they are waiting until some
unspecified time when they will be eligible to receive the new code,
is not a desirable situation - it locks up possible programming slots,
without providing actual local programming to our listenership.

I would prefer that this not wait until the next meeting -
particularly as, as a student, Michael may be out of town, and because
I myself will be on vacation by that point, though also because of the
desire to keep the schedule accurate and current, and because our Fall
membership project has dragged on long enough. Are there any people on
the list who can:
- help resolve this by meeting with Michael in the near future; or
- suggest possible solutions, such as a payment schedule.

As the IMC is seeking greater oversight of membership waivers, any
waiver of the IMC portion of the fee (or part thereof) should happen
following direct discussion with Michael. I'd appreciate if someone
was in a position to make sure this gets resolved quickly and
satisfactorily for all concerned.

Andrew

Begin forwarded message: