[rfu-membership] need to sign logs / need forms filled out

RANDALL R HAWKINS lrhawkins at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jan 21 15:18:24 CST 2008

There have been recent messages that point out that a great number of incidents have occured where people have been on the air, and have not signed the log.  We have been reminded that this is an FCC regualation.

  There are also several other basic training issues that keep coming up, and evidently need to be addressed. (no alcoholic beverages in studio, not messing with wires in the back of the board, etc.)

  Also, during the mass renewal of memberships in September, it became apparent that the station needed a way to know who all the members are, which show they are affiliated with if any, and when they were trained.  Forms have been designed to keep track of this for new members, but we need to find a way for current members to fill them out to begin the file.

  I suggest that we notify all members that a mass retraining will be required as a part of mem renewal next year, and that as a preliminary to that we are asking that each member complete a short list of basic training questions now.  The questions should be few, highly important and able to be answered either over e-mail or on a sheet in the studio that can be left there to be picked up.

  I know that we just did a lock change, but it is the only leverage that we have.  So of course, a lock change would be the axe to fall for all those who have not completed what is needed by the stated date -- I would say a period of two weeks, from one meeting to the next.

  Also as a preliminary to next year's mass retraining , I would like all new members to begin filling out the new forms that we have, and that they be available in the studio for current members to fill out, and at all general meetings .  We will make the final push for these as a part of the mem renewal next September, but it will be less to deal with then for everyone who is able to get it done now.

  Lavana