[rfu-membership] Re: [WEFTi] preliminary March 25, 2008 PC agenda

StrytlrJoG at aol.com StrytlrJoG at aol.com
Sun Mar 23 11:28:56 CDT 2008

Lavana,

Andrew's basically got it.  When I do an orientation for new members  of the
Programming Committee (PC) at WEFT, I give them a copy of the program
schedule for another community radio station to show them that "just cuz we have  a
way that's good and that works doesn't mean there's not another way".   It's
designed to ensure our thinking and philosophies stay fresh.  A visit  to your
equivalent team meeting is -- my hope, anyway, going to have the same
function.  And, yes, the networking I believe will naturally happen.   I think we can
benefit, too, from the discussions that would naturally ensue:  what we have
in common, how we've handled similar issues; and naturally, y'all  are welcome
to visit us as well!
    We actually DID do a "field trip" months ago, but  only myself and one
other PC member could attend, and the meeting y'all had  scheduled was canceled.
  :P   Dan gave us a nice tour,  though, and explained everything, but I kept
it on our meeting agenda cuz it was  a good idea.  Andrew helped push it back
to the forefront. (Thanks,  dude!)

I see from your message that March 30 is your next meeting.  We meet  this
Tuesday, so I'm not sure if we all can arrange that in time, but I've added  it
to the agenda.  If we can get most of us there, I'll let you know, or  ask for
the next date.  Presuming, of course, that you're okay with our  visiting.
At most, it'd be 8 people.

Thanks for contacting me so quickly!  I look forward to hearing from  you!

Jason g.

In a message dated 3/22/2008 4:25:45 P.M. Central Standard Time,