[rfu-membership] <em>Propose a show!</em> submission

wrfu.net.no-reply at wrfu.net wrfu.net.no-reply at wrfu.net
Wed Mar 19 15:29:08 CDT 2008

Show Name : The Bandoleros

Show Description : Our show will encompass various subjects from sports, comedy, current events, local artists, entertainment, and new music.  Our show will support upcoming local artists from the Champaign-Urbana area by providing them airtime and exposure.  We will be playing a wide range of music from different genres.  Listeners will be able to communicate with us via chat-room and e-mail for music requests and responses to the topics of the day.  The topics of the day will vary from current events to sports to subjects that permeate through out the University of Illinois.

Show Genre : Comedy, Urban, Hip-Hop, Political/Social Awareness

Your WRFU.net Username : Makaveli

Your Real Name : Cesar Delgado

Your Email Address : cdelgad2 at uiuc.edu

2nd Cohost WRFU.net Username : ChurroMan

2nd Cohost Real Name : Hugo Olvera

2nd Cohost Email Address : holvera2 at uiuc.edu

Additional Cohost Information : Both cohosts come from an urban background having been raised in Chicago.  Hugo is a major in Advertising and Cesar is a dual major in Biology and Psychology.  Both share a large interest in music, particularly hip-hop.  Both cohosts bring a comical perspective and deep interest in social justice and giving others opportunities to voice their talents and opinions.

What is the status of your proposal? : Proposed programming group

How much time are you seeking for this proposal? : 2hr

How Often? : weekly

What are your preferred time slots? : Sat 4PM-6PM

Working Group : Technical;0;0;0;0;0

Training Request : 8-10PM Friday's with Noel;0;0;0;0;0

Are any group members currently involved with other media outlets? : yes

If yes, please elaborate : We are currently in the process of creating a Registered Student Organization at the University of Illinois that will give students the resources to produce and promote their music.

Do you plan to use languages other than English on the air? : yes

If yes, which languages?  : Spanish

How many members of the proposing group identify as male? : 2

How many members of the proposing group identify as African American? : 1

How many members of the proposing group identify as Latino/a? : 2

How many members of the proposing group identify as Asian American? : 1

-----