[rfu-membership] Membership meeting notes

RANDALL R HAWKINS lrhawkins at sbcglobal.net
Sun May 4 19:05:42 CDT 2008

Janice Lilly, Lavana Hawkins, and Randall Hawkins met at 12:30 on Sunday May 4.

  Since January there are a few groups that have not been signing the show log consistently.  Lavana sent e-mails to The 4:00 spot, Habari Connection (Word Up), and Back in the Day two weeks ago, but has received no response.  Janice will check carefully over the last two weeks to see if there is any sign these shows have been in the studio.  If they have not been, Membership Group thinks that it is safe to assume that they are no longer among us and they can be removed from the schedule. Our idea is not to change the lock, or anything like that, but rather just to take them out of the publicized schedule.  We would then make a note in our file , to keep watching the show log, listening to the radio at the time of those shows to see if they ever turn up, and before that slot is given out to someone another effort would be made to contact them.  If anyone can establish contact with anyone from these shows, Membership Group would really appreciate it.

  Janice showed us the new show log.  Randy is going to look into a way to have it on three rings, but still hanging on the wall.  We would like the sheets to stay in order, and still be visible and not mobile.

  There was no response to the e-mail asking for people who would be interested in being a part of training team.  So this is an ongoing need that many people recognize, but no one is currently available to address.  We still need an updated training manual.

    Hawkins and Lillys, will neither one be able to be at the next Saturday General Meeting.  Did anyone notice that is Memorial Day weekend?  We sure didn't.  Will anyone be in town?

  Lavana