[rfu-membership] Re: Hawkins leaving WRFU

Andrew Ó Baoill andrew at funferal.org
Mon Mar 30 13:40:29 CDT 2009

I'm really sorry to hear about the Hawkins leaving WRFU. Your
contributions to the station have been invaluable - all of our working
groups have benefited from your efforts. From the many pieces of
construction and maintenance (most recently including our wonderful
new notice-board and shelving for local CDs), to Lavana's careful
maintenance of our Log and membership records, and so much more.

Just as important, and very valuable to me personally, the Hawkins'
friendly and cheerful manner has made the station a pleasant place to
be and to work.

The loss of the family will leave a big hole in our volunteer base, as
the family has taken on so much of the burden of keeping the station
going. I'm hopeful that others will take this opportunity to step
forward and take on some of the tasks necessary to keep the station
operating smoothly. We've had great success with our call for members
to sign up for specific tasks in the past 2 weeks - I'm hoping that
more of you will respond to this development by stepping forward now.

My best wishes to you in your future endeavors - I'm hoping your
circumstances might facilitate your re-engagement with the station in
the future. Do keep in touch.

Best wishes,

Andrew