[Rfu-station] Does Your Show Do Journalism on Urban Issues?

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 15 14:41:54 CDT 2007

Then you might be eligible to win this award. I can think of a number of
shows over the last year that might qualify, although I'm not sure how
many might have been recorded. Anyway, here's the info that I'm passing
along from some allies.
Mike Lehman

---------------------------------------
EXCELLENCE IN URBAN JOURNALISM AWARD
---------------------------------------

Enterprise Community Partners and Freedom Forum Invite Entries for
Excellence in Urban Journalism Award

Deadline: May 31, 2007

Enterprise Community Partners <http://www.enterprisecommunity.org
<http://www.enterprisecommunity.org/>> and the Freedom Forum <
http://www.freedomforum.org <http://www.freedomforum.org/>> have
announced the 2007 Excellence in Urban Journalism Award.

The award is intended to encourage and recognize quality reporting on
major issues facing the United States' urban areas, particularly inner
cities. Two winners will be selected to receive the award and a check
for $2,500.

Each entry must involve a news report regarding an urban issue in the
United States. Topics may include, but are not limited to, affordable
housing, community development, homelessness, child care, and
after-effects of disasters that have left people homeless and
communities destroyed. The entry should examine how a city or community
has been affected by a situation. Ideally, the entry should include
reporting on the outcome or resolution of the situation or show

The entry may be a single article or broadcast or series of articles or
broadcasts, and must have been published or broadcast during the 2006
calendar year.

Applications are available at the Enterprise Community Partners Website.

RFP Link:
<http://fconline.fdncenter.org/pnd/10006693/enterprisecommunity>

For additional RFPs in Journalism/Media, visit:
<http://foundationcenter.org/pnd/rfp/cat_journalism.jhtml>