[Rfu-station] Signing the Log Is Mandatory

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 24 10:28:29 CDT 2007

I want to remind all programming groups that signing the log is
MANDATORY, per FCC regulations.

Also, per the new policy adopted at our last membership meeting,
remember that any ONE such violation will put your programming group on
probation for a month (during which any further FCC violation will cause
an AUTOMATIC LOSS of your show.) If you make it through the month's
probation, then the second violation will result in a three month probation.

So please sign the log properly, including transmitter checks. I don't
want to lose anyone, but people have been lax about this and it's time
for us to take action if your group is unable to accomplish this
mandatory requirement.

Please remember that each day needs to be on a separate logbook page. If
you're the first show of the day, i.e. any show that starts after
midnight, then you MUST start a new page in the logbook.

Also, if you have to miss your show for any reason, you are required to
send an email stating that you missed the show. Once we have that email
notice, then you will be excused from having not signed the log for your
scheduled slot. If you do not send a missed show notice, after two
missed shows in a row you may be subject to automatic loss of your slot.

We are also going back to the recorded show archive to verify proper
logbook signing and missed show notices. It has always been your
responsibility to take care of these things, but we've not been as good
at verifying this is being done properly as is needed. We now will be
doing this regularly.

We do have policies in place now so that if you want to take time off
and not lose your show, you can do that, but ONLY if you give notice to
the station. With summer coming up, those who won't be here need to give
us notice that they won't be here and if you'll return in the fall. If
you do NOT give us notice that you will be away, then your show will
disappear from the schedule and you'll start over applying for a slot
when you do return.

In a nutshell:

Check the transmitter and sign the logbook EVERY time for your show.

Send an email notice whenever you miss your scheduled show.

If you plan to be away, let us know so that we can save the slot,
otherwise we'll give it to someone else.

If you have any questions, please ask.
Mike Lehman