[RFU] Re: [Rfu-station] Urgent query: box of records missing from RFU Studio?

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 20 17:23:15 CDT 2007

Jim,
Thanks for being so observant and tipping us off. These are indeed the
missing records. I've recovered them from the dumpster, found that some
albums are wet and have taken them home to lay out to dry flat. I called
Mike to let him know the records were found and he is very grateful for
those who helped him recover the records.

The dumpster is picked up early on Monday morning, so the crate with the
records must have been dropped into it sometime Monday (this week). I am
astounded that any member of RFU would so carelessly and thoughtlessly
throw away music of any kind. Albums especially, since the only reason
people still have albums is because the music is important to them and
often totally unavailable otherwise.

I would very much appreciate some kind of explanation for why this
happened. Music left in the RFU studio should be secure. Maybe you
thought they were worthless. Maybe it was just ignorance, but PLEASE let
us NEVER have this happen to anyone else's music at RFU. This just aint'
right!

DO NOT EVER throw away any music in any kind of format that is in the
studio or otherwise a part of the RFU or IMC collections. Such decisions
must be made only after careful review so that something as stupid as
this never happens again.
Mike Lehman