[Rfu-station] Re: [RFU] Happy Birthday!!!!!

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 14 09:31:43 CST 2007

Hi Lynsee,
Thanks for the reminder! And we should share RFU's B-day greetings with
you, since you were so instrumental in helping us get on the air. I'll
pass your greetings along to RFU-station, too, since we forgot to say
anything yesterday on our Second Birthday itself.

The latest news at the station is that IMCfest occurred last weekend,
due to the efforts of Dan Blah and many others. It got the word out
about RFU and the IMC as a whole to many, many new people -- and great
time was had by all.

We also recently received a huge (literally 1,000s) of CDs that WEFT no
longer needed. We've just started to figure out what to do with them.

Also, one more thing you helped get going has some news. The
News-Gazette did a large story in Sunday's paper with pics of Bill
Taylor's work in helping getting our sister station, Radio Lenca, on the
air in Honduras. I've hung it in the studio so everyone can read. How
hard the Lenca's worked to do this is a little embarrassing for us,
considering we still have some troubles in getting volunteers to do work
around RFU. They had to dig through dirt and rock in order to lat more
than two miles of ground plane wires -- by hand! We should all keep in
mind what can be accomplished if we put our minds to it. You've always
been a good example of this for everyone here, so all RFUistas should
keep this in mind.

Keep on keeping on!
Regards,
Mike Lehman