[Rfu-station] Membership Meeting Oct. 2, 2007, Brief Notes

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 3 10:33:24 CDT 2007

I think we forgot to have anyone take notes at last night's meeting.
Here are some brief notes to the best of my recollection.

There were about 20 members present.

Membership renewals -- These were taken from a number of people, along
with the $18 annual membership. Each programming group needs to have at
least _two_ members renew their RFU memberships for this year by Nov. 1
to keep their programming slot. We will be verify this info, then change
and issue the new studio lock code only to those groups who've renewed
as of Nov. 1. You can do this at the next RFU meeting on Oct. 16 or by
making other arrangements. Please renew your RFU membership ASAP.

Tech Work Project -- This Thursday (Oct. 4) starting at 3:30pm, Dan, Jim
and others interested in learning more about Tech's work will give the
studio wiring a makeover. They hope to fix many of the nagging problems.
Depending on how much help they get, they may be able to work on the bad
connector(s) on the sound board. This is an opportunity to get meeting
credit for your programming group by participating in this project.

Proposal to drop inactive programming groups adopted -- Programming
groups who have not attended a station meeting in the last six months
and who have not signed the log recently will be dropped as inactive as
of the next RFU meeting (Oct. 16). This should free up a number of hours
for use by those interested in being active in the station. Please see
previous emails for which groups haven't attended station meetings.
Janice is compiling the log database for comparison to it.

Programming group who have not been attending station meetings -- please
be aware RFU-Membership is now tracking meeting participation. Although
only groups who have also not been logging their show will be eliminated
in the near future from the schedule (see proposal we adopted on this
above) per existing station policy and the intent of that specific
proposal. However, we will be following up on groups who've not been
attending station meetings before the end of the year. It is in every
programming group's interest to attend station meetings at this point,
if you want input on what happens to non-participating programming groups.

AON -- Will from AON came to the meeting, we discussed the situation
that caused AON's show to be pulled in April and discussed options for
possible return. Will has to re-evaluate things after hearing the issues
raised about what caused the show to end on WRFU and may return with a
proposal at a later date.

Farmers Market -- Brianne says we could still use a few more volunteers
for the Farmers Market booth on Saturdays. You get meeting credit for
staffing the table.

Trivia Night -- The first one at the Esquire last week was a success,
but as long as the Cubs are still in the World Series race, may be hard
to schedule another Thursday night. The Trivia Night crew hopes to
schedule the next one later in October and will let us know when and
where it will be.

I'm sure I missed a thing or to, so corrections and additions can be
posted to the RFU list.
Mike Lehman