[Rfu-station] Kids on the Radio Event

RANDALL R HAWKINS lrhawkins at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 11 08:08:40 CDT 2007

A couple of volunteers would be helpful for the Kids on the Radio Event Oct 29th 2-5.

  Come on down to the studio on Oct 29th and train some future radio djs!!

  We will have tables where kids can prepare short pieces to present on the radio.  One table will feature discs of music that they can choose a song from to introduce and something to prepare to talk about.  Another table will have public service announcements that they can read, or info on writing their own public service announcement to read on the air.

  Kids will be able to use the stage as their own little talent show if they wish.  Currently we do not have  volunteer that can operate the soundboard, so we are just planning on letting the kids stand up there.  It would be great if someone who knows how to use the sound board and tie in to the radio program were to volunteer.

  If you know how to record public service announcements to air over the radio, we could definitely use you.  If no one is available to do this, then we will just let the kids read them that day.

  If anyone is able to help with recording the program, so that we could sell discs that would be great.  If no one can help with that, or explain it to me, then we just won't do it this year.

  The art area will be open and it would be helpful for someone to nearby in that area to supervise.

  Kids will be taking turns in the studio being on the air, and we could use help keeping that organized and helping in the studio.

  Lavana S. Hawkins

  Lavana