[Rfu-station] Dance Day volunteer?

RANDALL R HAWKINS lrhawkins at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 13 09:22:03 CDT 2007

One of the ideas that the finance group had for a fund raising event was a Dance Day.  However the finance group alone does not have enough people to make this event happen.  Would the Saturday Shows be able to work along with this event if we could make it happen?  Would anyone be able to volunteer to coordinate this event?

  Here is the original idea.  If you want to work on it though, feel free to do what you think will work.  We had thought about contacting dance groups to get volunteers to teach dance classes throughout the day.  Then there would be one large dance event in the evening.  People could buy tickets to a dance class alone, to the dance event alone, or a combo price for both.  Tickets could be sold at the Trivia nights, Farmer's Market booth, or just to acquaintances.

  Could you let us know if you might be able to help this event work?  Do you know of a dance group that might be willing to get involved?  If you have a Saturday show, let us know if we could work with you for this event?  Is there any part of it you could help with or could you even take over coordinating it?

  Looking at the IMC calendar it looks like Oct 20th, and Nov 17th are possible dates.  Yes, I know Nov 17th is after the IMC Fest, but this will take some lead time.

  Lavana