[Rfu-station] General Meeting and Fundraising Graphic Contest Reminder

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 16 17:47:42 CDT 2007

The next RFU general meeting will be Sept. 18 at 8pm in the Family Room,
downstairs at the IMC. All programming groups are reminded that
attending at least 50% of all meetings is an obligation to keep your
show on the air.

The Raise the Tower fundraising campaign graphic logo contest ends on
Tuesday. It looks like we have at least three entries, but you have
until the meeting Tuesday to develop and turn in a proposed logo if you
want to enter. The logo must be for one-color printing and have a tower
theme. The winner will get a free t-shirt and perhaps some other loot,
as well as the satisfaction of seeing it everywhere on RFU's fundraising
campaign literature.

Even more reason to attend the meeting Tuesday is that people are
working on several projects involving fundraising and membership to get
new equipment for the station to produce a better signal, including a
new tower, and update the studio equipment and the infrastructure needed
for streaming. We have a goal of $20,000 by December 1. While this may
seem like a lot of money, we have about 40 shows on the air now. This
means that if each shows helps with this campaign -- which all
programming groups should do! -- then each show only needs to raise
about $500. Your ideas and participation in fundraising are urgently
needed in order to achieve our $20,000 goal

Shows can help raise these funds by remembering to read a fundraising
PSA every time you're on the air. We also have a variety of activities
like a booth starting at the Farmers Market on Saturdays in Urbana and
trivia nights at local establishments to raise funds and make the
community more aware of our campaign. If we all work together on this,
we can easily raise the $20,000.

A proposal to begin collecting dues once a year, instead of on a
rotating basis, will be brought back for a second look, hopefully with
the concerns of a few which blocked it at the last meeting addressed.
This is an essential proposal so that the station has the basic income
needed to operate in the new year.
Mike Lehman