[Rfu-station] some things for the meeting

RANDALL R HAWKINS lrhawkins at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 20 11:27:05 CST 2008

My family will be unable to attend the station meeting today, I am very sorry.  I ended up having to work and Randy is recovering from having a tooth pulled -- which is really not going well at all.

I have not seen any agenda items posted, or a notice sent out.  But I do know these few things need to be said for Membership Group.

There has been communication on e-mail lists about speakers being left on late on a Monday night, so they were still on too loud on Tues morning.  If anyone from Extensions is at the meeting, we would appreciate it if they gave attention to this matter. Andrew is out of the country and it will be covered later.

There has been communication with Michael Schwartz with Soul Refreshing and we are working on finding ways for Soul Refreshing to continue airing.  No need for it to be an issue.

We are continuing to record signing of the show log and membership attendance and are sending out reports as we are able -- shooting for monthly.  Spare show logs can be found on the shelves behind the door if there are none on the clip board.

And this message sent by Noel earlier this month could be gone over .

So many, if not all, of you have noticed that we have a shiny new
studio computer box thanks to the hard work Joe Futrelle and and
Stephen Fonzo. The transmitter check has been working properly, so
please do that.

I have installed Mozilla Firefox, a virus scanner, VLC (a audio and video media player), and Foxit (for reading PDFs), and various other utilities for maintaining the computer.

The Tech Group would like to make the following memoranda and
requests in the hope of extending the longevity of the computer and
making maintenance easier:
Firstly and most importantly, please shut down the computer if there is not a show after you. If there is a show after you, you can leave it on.

If the computer ever locks up and you have to do a hard shut
down, please make an equipment log entry at the bottom of the Show Log
From.
The transmitter check software is the same as before.
However, if you are unsure of how to do the transmitter check or how to
use the software, please request training from Membership (rfu-membership at lists.chambana.net) immediately. You are in danger of taking us off the air if you do not use the transmitter check software correctly.Please do not change system settings or install software on the
computer. If you do need software, please make a request to Tech (rfu-tech at lists.chambana.net).
If multiple airshifters need a piece of software and the computer is
able to run it, we can put it on the computer. We would prefer to use open source software solutions over proprietary ones, and smaller programs over larger ones.VLC and Mozilla Firefox should be able to take care of all your
multimedia and websurfing needs. Again, if you need some other program,
please do not install it yourself. Please make a request to the Tech
group.
If you are bringing portable media like CR-ROMS, floppy disks (yes, the box has a floppy disk drive!), flash drives, etc. especially if you are planning on running programs from them, please take care not to put viruses on our computer.If you put any media on the computer, please be aware that we will periodically delete extraneous files on the computer.
Thanks
and please be sure to let us know if you have any problems with the
computer. It's running like a well-oiled hot rod compared to our old
one right now, and we'd like to keep it that way.