[Rfu-station] Meeting Notes 2008-02-19

Andrew Ó Baoill funferal at compsoc.nuigalway.ie
Sat Feb 23 16:37:01 CST 2008

We met in the library nook at 8pm last Tuesday at 8pm. It was a small
meeting (5 people) but relatively productive. Below are our meeting
notes. I will also follow this mail with some comments on areas of
action required from all of us as we move forward.

NEXT MEETING IS 4TH MARCH. PLEASE BE THERE.

1 TRAINING Some of those present wanted to schedule training. We
passed Dan's email address to them, and they will contact him
directly to schedule this.

2 FORMS
There were questions about the training and group forms. It was
explained that each group must fill out a programming group form, and
each individual must fill out a training form. As we move forward the
training forms will be completed by new members as they undergo
training.

3 AUTOMATION AND REMOTE ACCESS.
Ray explained that his home computer IP is still blocked from
streaming audio to the IMC, which impedes his ability to undertake
remote broadcasts from home.
Separately, Ray wants access to the automation computer, but doesn't
have passwords, etc., necessary for this.
ACTION ITEM: Andrew will ask WRFU-Tech to provide Ray with access to
the automation computer so he can contribute to this area of
operations. [DONE - I mailed WRFU-Tech today about this issue, among
others]
ACTION ITEM: Andrew will ask Dan and IMC-Tech to schedule a meeting
with interested WRFU individuals to disuss the issues around remote
access, bandwidth load, etc. [DONE - I mailed Dan today asking that
this be scheduled]

4 REPAIRS
- We have a non-operating CD player which should still be under
warranty, which needs to be returned to the manufacturer.
ACTION ITEM: Charlotte undertook to do this.
- There is a voluntary product recall of our EAS unit.
ACTION ITEM: Patsy undertook to contact the manufacturer to ask about
turnaround on repair and implications for our EAS obligations.

5 CDs
We have received many boxes of CDs from WEFT (culled from their
library). They are currently stored in the production room, but need
to be moved from there, as they are preventing proper use of that room.
ACTION ITEM: Andrew will issue a call for volunteers to gather at the
IMC on Saturday to deal with this. [PARTIALLY DONE: I issued a mail,
but was the only person at the IMC this morning. I moved 19 boxes.
More in my next mail.]

6 FUNDRAISING
We received $300 from an individual some time ago, and should issue a
thank you note.
ACTION ITEM: Charlotte undertook to do this.

7 TOWER
We need to make progress on a permanent tower. There is a suggestion
from some that we consider an off-site location, using microwave link
(potentially cheaper upfront; possible tech benefits). Others prefer
an onsite location (access to equipment; no leasing costs). Cost is
an issue either way.
ACTION ITEM: Andrew will talk with Andy Gunn of Prometheus to get
some extra information, and bring it to our next meeting.

8 PSAs
We have received various notices of events, from the YMCA and others.
Do we have a functioning system for processing PSAs (other than
inserting recordings into automation)?
ACTION ITEM: Examine PSA process at a later meeting
ACTION ITEM: Andrew placed the notices received on the station notice-
board.

9 OUTSTANDING ITEMS
We didn't get to discuss some programming content received from
various outlets, or cooperation with the U of I Office of Volunteering.

Andrew Ó Baoill
Station Manager
WRFU-LP, Urbana 104.5FM
http://www.wrfu.net andrew at funferal.org