[Rfu-station] calling all volunteers for Share-A-Meal event, tues. Mar 11th lunch or dinner

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 3 23:27:50 CST 2008

Please let Anna know (she is CC-ed on this email) if you can help with Community Shares Share-A-Meal 2008 on Tuesday March 11. I did this last year and it's very easy, you just greet people and let them know they don't have to do anything other than request that part of their normal meal price be donated so that it can go to help Community Shares projects. The funds raised contribute to helping keep the IMC operating and WRFU on the air.
Mike Lehman

Halo WRFU folks,

  I'm in search of 7 volunteers who are willing to help at the Community
  Shares Share a Meal event this  coming Tuesday, March 11th. The IMC is
  hosting Cafe Luna which means we'll need a few people to be at the
  restaurant during the event to provide information to the customers.
  We'll make sure that whoever volunteers is prepared, don't worry about
  that.

  Would anyone be able to sign up to volunteer during the following
  times? I think it will work well to have 2 volunteers for 2 hour
  shifts.  This will be a tremendous help for the IMC as a building and
  organization and all the organizations it supports.  If anyone is able
  to volunteer for more than 2 hours, you are certainly welcome to!

  Tues. March 11th, Cafe Luna, 313 E. Green St. Chmp
  Lunch
  11am-1pm __Anna___    ___________
  1pm - 3pm _________    ___________

  Dinner
  5pm - 7pm__________    ___________
  7pm - 9pm__________    ___________

  Please let me know if you are able to help at all.  More info about
  the meal is below.  Feel free to contact me. (email is best).

  THANK YOU!
  Anna

  Local Restaurants "Share-A-Meal" to Support Local Charities and Raise
  Funds for Community Groups

  Community Shares of Illinois partners with area restaurants to help
 raise money

  When:   Tuesday, March 11th, 2008

  Who:    Community Shares of Illinois, Local Restaurants, and Community
        Members

  Where:  The Great Impasta       217-359-7377
        Café Luna       217-344-1895
        Pasha   217-355-2200
        Mezzaluna       217-352-3333
        Kennedy's       217-384-8111

  What:   5th Annual Share-A-Meal Event to Raise Funds for Local Charities

  On Tuesday, March 11th, local restaurants will "Share-a-Meal" with
  Community Shares of Illinois to support dozens of charities working to
  address hunger, health care, homelessness, domestic violence and other
  important community issues.

  Community Shares of Illinois, a non-profit organization representing
  more than 80 charities statewide, is partnering with restaurants
  across Illinois in offering the 5th Annual Share-A-Meal event. This
  unique event is an opportunity for family or friends to spend an
  evening together, have a great meal, and give back to the community
  all in one sitting.  It combines the delight of eating out with the
  joy of giving into one fun-filled event.

  Community Shares of Illinois member charities based in or serving the
  Champaign-Urbana area that will benefit from the 5th Annual
  Share-A-Meal include:
  Habitat for Humanity, Champaign County
  Champaign County Health Care Consumers
  Humane Society of Champaign County
  Homestead Corporation of Champaign-Urbana
  Champaign-Urbana Tenant Union
  PACE – Persons Assuming Control of their Environment
  WEFT 90.1FM Community Radio
  For more information, including a list of restaurants and benefiting
  charities, visit www.share-a-meal.org or
  www.communitysharesillinois.org