[Rfu-station] Agenda item for tomorrow

Andrew Ó Baoill andrew at funferal.org
Fri Sep 19 17:15:25 CDT 2008

FIRST: WE STILL NEED VOLUNTEERS FOR FARMERS' MARKET TOMORROW. MAIL ME
IF YOU'RE AVAILABLE.

Earlier this week we got a complaint from the Post Office that the
studio speakers had been left up so loud (by someone who had left
studio) that it was interfering with their work. Presumably this would
also cause problems for our neighbor in the office next to us.

This is only the most recent instance of this problem. I've spent the
past few days trying to make contact with the person(s) I believe
responsible, without success.

Tomorrow I will ask the membership for permission to suspend the
individual(s) responsible until we can resolve the situation and be
assured that the problems will not recur.

As many of you will know, as station manager I already have the
authority to take actions necessary to secure the station's license or
safety of our membership or equipment, with such actions being
reported after the fact to the membership for review. However, as I
have the opportunity to consult with membership in advance of taking
action, I believe that is the preferable approach.

I will not be discussing specifics on the list today, but welcome your
contributions off-list or at the meeting tomorrow.

Andrew