[Rfu-station] meeting notes 8/15/09

Jacob Barton udderbot at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 15:45:23 CDT 2009

'Twas a poorly advertised meeting, but we did have it at the scheduled
time on the scheduled day. The next meeting, is TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 1,
2009 @ 8 PM.

Attending: Jacob (no show), Ray (The Show), Roy (new show)

Roy has proposed a new show "The Movement" for 9pm-11pm on Wednesdays.
 Here is the blurb about it (see the membership list for full
proposal).

"This show will inform citizens in listening areas on a wide range of
issues pertaining to public affairs. These issues include, but are not
limited to provisions of the Patriot Act, The Real ID Act, The cutting
of the Map Grant in Illinois and how these legislations and others
similar may improve or undermind democracy. Many of the topics may
derive from current events that are in the mainstream media and some
that are developing quietly."

Jacob is also in the proposed programming group.  It was Approved by
consensus and will start this week.

Ray is organizing (spearheading?) WRFU's (and IMC's) presence at Quad
Day (next Sunday 12-4pm) & Taste of Nevada (4-6pm).  Ideal would be
hour-long shifts of two people each--perhaps possible if other IMC
working groups are invited-- we could discuss this on the discuss list
(rfu at lists.chambana.net).

Together we decried the current state of the website but emerged from
the meeting knowing a little more of how to use it.  If you have
suggestions for improving the website please email me (Jacob) and I'll
collect them into something.

The conversation continues...
Jacob