[Tbtn] re: meeting

ruxandra m costescu rcostesc at uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 29 13:29:12 CDT 2004

>a) make sure that all of the lists who rec'd the first announcement ALSO sent
out the correction on transportation

I put the announcement on the webpage, and I like the suggestion below, so it
should take care of any confusion (I think):

>b) have people outside of Moonstruck with signs to get people on the buses.
Two buses will leave between 6:30 and 7pm,  (two buses, two trips, four total
bus trips to and from West Side Park) but it is best just to tell everyone to
get there at 6:30. The buses will leave West side Park at 9pm to return to
campus.
>c) have people at West Side Park to greet the buses & move people to the
center of the park.

Yes, that would be good.

>Is there any additional set up we need for that night? Are we getting a
bullhorn from the police? Do we need any more security folks?

We're getting one bullhorn (and traffic vests) from the police, and more from
the PRC together with other "props". We will need MASV, if possible, to set up
a water cooler and paper cups as usual (can you arrange that Ross -- if not,
I'll take care of it; we can borrow a cooler from the Red Herring, I believe).

We do indeed need more women for security, but I'll figure something out -- in
the meantime, if you know anyone who's interested at this late hour, please let
me know.

I'm not sure at this point whether Sluts Against Rape is happening, but we have
enough speakers without them, so I'm not too worried.

Last night we decided that Ileana and Sue will be doing tactical (overseeing
everything for the duration of the event), we have Liz's friend for still
photography and Zoe for video. Spokespeople will be Erica and Ashley.

Ross, I will be coming with another donation and the booklet and chant list for
printing at OWP. If it's too much printing for us to do at OWP, we have another
option as well...

See ya soon, try to make it to the meeting tonight at 7:30, people! :)

Ruxandra.

PS: Ileana spoke to the DI yesterday, here's their editorial -- hey, did you
know?, it's "ok this time" :) -- http://www.dailyillini.com/opinions/1923 .