[Tbtn] Today's meeting!

ruxandra costescu rcostesc at ews.uiuc.edu
Tue Feb 24 15:53:13 CST 2004

Thanks, Sue, for the notes! :)

I guess I would add that supporting organizations need to be contacted
through an outreach/fundraising letter, rather than through the press
realese, and that we should get this part done as soon as possible -- Sue,
you're writing emails to various groups, right? The letter we used last
year was this, check it out:

http://www.prairienet.org/tbtn/tbtn2003/letter2003.pdf

We can modify this if we want, and use it... Or come up with a completely
new one, whatever works.

I'd like to add, too, that if anyone wants to work on any aspect of the
organizing at all, be it speakers, outreach, publicity, security/route, or
anything else that you can think of, please just say so and we'll have
"sub-committees" of sorts to get things done.

Or, if you have any other comments/suggestions, go ahead and let people
know. For instance, please suggest more possibilities for speakers.
Ashley, at the meeting I mentioned the fact that Aisha from Sigma Gamma
Rho has read a poem at the last couple of TBTNs, and that if she wants to
do that again it would be awesome... we can talk more about it... ??

Finally, does everyone feel pretty comfortable with what Take Back the
Night is about/is aiming to do/the history of the march, etc.? Just for
reference, the website for last year's TBTN is at:
http://www.prairienet.org/tbtn/tbtn2003 -- in particular, see the mission
statement and the press release. There's links to some previous TBTNs at:
http://www.prairienet.org/tbtn/Events/events.html .

xoxo,

Ruxandra.