[Trees-executive] Advertising our meeting

Pauline Bartolone alice_redqueen at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 3 20:52:20 CDT 2001

I contacted the three newspapers about community announcements and
advertisements for the 10th meeting.This is what I found out:

Dailly Illini will print a community announcement on the second page for
free, will print an advertisement for $10.50 per inch squared for each day.
Three days advance notice.

News gazette is $1.27 per line per day in the classified section
$23.10 1 squared inch classified ad
$31.30 ( 34.70 for sunday) 2 inch by one inch retail add ( in the fron
section of the paper)
It is too late to get on the community calender

Octopus will print an add for this weeks paper for $25 ( they cut off half
the price for our cause). It is too late to submit a community announcement.

I suggest that we buy an ad in at least the Octopus for the visibility. I
will send them the content today ( they are going to press tomorrow morning
so i must send it to them today) unless there is opposition to paying this
price. I will also send an announcement to the DI, later this week, so that
the meeting is announced closer to the 10th.
Is it worth it to pay for an ad in the DI?
The only way we can announce our mmeting in the News Gazette is if we buy an
add. I suggest that we go ahead and buy the Retai ad for Sunday ( $34.70) I
think it will be worth it.

To advertise in the octopus and the Gazette, it will cost us $59.70. $70.20
if we advertise in the DI as well.

Unless there are oppositions, I will buy the Gazette ad and Octopus ad.

Thanks, Pauline