[Trees-executive] Gen. Meeting update

John Sullivan jms at math.uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 5 17:52:28 CDT 2001

I've fixed several typos (princple, IPCUTOT, etc) below.
I think we should send this out by email on Monday,
as a reminder to the general membership.

-John

//
Come one, come all to our next General Meeting on TUESDAY, April 10,
at the Champaign Public Library at 7:00 P.M.!

We will have a panel consisting of three principal speakers. First,
Representative Tom Berns will give us his views on what role the
legislators will play in the on-going process of developing revised
regulations. Next, Peter Millburg, vegetation management representative
from Illinois Power will present IP's position on how they will
proceed in creating a revised tariff, and to gather testimony from
us about what issues we feel need to be addressed in any revision
they make. Then, Carl Malmgren will give Save Our Tree's point of
view. There will be plenty of time for questions from the floor.

IT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT THAT WE HAVE A LARGE VISIBLE AND VOCAL
AUDIENCE AT THIS MEETING, so that IP will understand that we are
a force to be dealt with in any decision-making process for the
creation of a new tariff.  Please plan to attend this meeting, and
bring along friends, neighbors, and relatives who might be interested
in learning where we go from here in the on-going battle against the
potentially unreasonable invasion of our property rights and the
unnecessary destruction of our communities' valuable urban forests.
IF YOU CARE ABOUT THE FATE OF OUR TREES, BE THERE!!

Kyra Shair
Meeting Organizer

//