[Trees-executive] info from park district about Arbor Day plans

kshair at mail.advancenet.net kshair at mail.advancenet.net
Sun Apr 8 09:22:58 CDT 2001

Dear All, Yesterday I received our copy of the park permit which
I had applied for for our Arbor Day event.  A note was attached
indicating that food sales require a Public Health Permit ($50
or $75)  and or (not clear which) a special event (fundraiser
fee of #50) with no other explainations.  I will call on Monday
and see what I can learn to clarify these things, since nothing
was said to me at the time I made the application.

I did think that it would be a nice idea if we could sell drinks
and simple baked goods etc. to people while they were listening
to the music, but am not sure we want to go to the trouble if
it is going to cost us money to do it.  Frankly, I seem to be
only one who has much interest in an Arbor Day event(except for
John M. who has graciously offered his band for the occasion),
so I am wondering if we want to do one at all?  A general plea
for ideas was sent out to data base with our 10th meeting
announcement, and I have heard from no one.  What do the rest of
you think-do we do some kind of event without a fundraising
component, or do we scrap Arbor Day altogether, or what??
Hear there was a potluck last night, but since I was  not
invited, could not bring this issue up then.  Was this in lieu
of an excom meeting-if so, what was discussed about th 10th
meeting?

Yesterday I spent three hours at Strawberry Fields collecting
signatures-completed my 8th -12 sheets. It's too bad that our
attempts to get into the grocery stores have been totally
met with rejection.  It would be so simple to get lots of
signatures in those locations. Kyra