[Trees-executive] Earth Week on the quad

John Sullivan jms at math.uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 11 17:51:24 CDT 2001

Here's a list of activities we can try to fit ourselves
into (presumably on the Saturday):

--------------------------------------
here's what's going on for Earth Week on the quad...if you're interested
in helping out with any of these days, email me! They could especially use
help on Friday.

Monday, April 16: Recycling Day

We will be sponsoring a recycling drop-off on the quad.  Champaign does
not require waste haulers to provide recycling to apartments or houses
with over 4 units.  This includes a lot of students!  Bring your
recyclables to the quad and sign a petition asking Champaign to get
recycling provided for apartments and houses over 4 units.

Tuesday, April 17: Habitat Survivor

You can join the team of your favorite biome to complete to survivor.  We
will be using this day to inform the public about the serious
problem of habitat depletion.  Don't be voted off the planet!

Wednesday, April 18: Overpopuation Day

We we be handing out free condoms to promote awareness of the dangers of
overpopulation.

Thursday, April 19: Politics Action Day

Activities having to do with all of our least favorite acronyms: WTO,
NAFTA, IMF, George W. Bush, oh wait, I guess that isn't an acronym...

Friday, April 20: Global Warming Day

Information of global warming, what it is, what causes it, and what we can
do about it including renewable energy sources.

Sunday, April 22: Earth Day on the Quad

Informational booths from community and university environmentally related
organizations. Also, and Earth Day raffle and live music (hopefully).

Thursday, April 26: SECS Earth Day Benefit Concert at The Highdive

Featuring Robynn Ragland, June and the Exit Wounds, The National Splits,
and Letter from Phoenix.