[Trees-executive] IPCUTSOT and EAC

Gretchen Knapp gknapp at mail.mtco.com
Thu Aug 23 13:11:15 CDT 2001

Howdy Concerned Citizens!

Update on Proposed Change in Fiscal Agent
Yesterday I met with the Ecology Action Center
Board in Normal to discuss the request to transfer
our IPCUTSOT funds from ISEN, our current
fiscal agent, to the EAC.  The board members had
legal questions, which I was able to answer due to
an email letter sent to me by our attorney, John
MacMahon (thank you, John).  The board is still
waiting to hear from their attorney, Todd Bugg,
who had been contacted about this matter in July.
Thus, the matter was tabled until the next meeting,
which is scheduled for September 15.  I have been
nominated to the board and will serve as IPCUTSTOT's
liaison to EAC should the board agree with our request.

Tree-trimming to Increase in Normal in September
Reliable sources indicated that IP has resumed trimming
in Normal after a long self-imposed moratorium.  The
trimming is under the supervision of Normal and by
their guidelines set out in the tree-trimming ordinance.
IP so far (to our knowledge) followed the HB 1776 guidelines
of notifying customers with letters and hangtags.  Both the
town and IP have heard from property owners who want
to be present when their trees are trimmed.  Stay tuned
for how IP handles this, as in the past the wishes of
property owners frequently have been neglected by the crews.

Still Waiting for the Tariff
As summer begins to fade into autumn, we are still waiting
for the new tariff.

New Email Address!!
Please note that effective immediately the new email address
for IPCUTSOT is gknapp at mtco.com.  Please update your
address book.  Thanks!