[Trees-executive] petition drive

j-beauch at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu j-beauch at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Fri Mar 16 15:40:40 CST 2001

Folks,

We need a driving force behind the petitions. First, we need a count
on how many signatures we have so far. I've been informed by John McMahon
that we only need to get 2500 because Bloomington-Normal is supposed to
come up with the other 2500. At 25 signatures per sheet, that works out
to 100 sheets. How many equivalent full sheets do we have so far? Nobody
should hold them back, because we need to have a running count to see how
we're doing. (Like WILL when they're trying to meet a donation goal.)
They should be turned in to ISEN as soon as they are done.

We need to get a group of people who can collectively fan out across CU
and not duplicate areas. Or man population centers. It needs to be
organized top-down, not willy-nilly.

So who can spearhead this? Outreach?

Jim