[Trees-executive] tariff withdrawn

Joyce Hofmann jhofmann at inhs.uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 21 11:30:04 CST 2001

This is exciting news, but I also agree that we shouldn't let our guard
down until we see what IP's next move is.  We certainly shouldn't disband
until the issue is resolved finally and satisfactorily.  I think we need to
finalize our group's specific objections to the tariff (item by item) which
would pretty much amount to proposing an alternative version.  The Research
& Education Committee has been researching specific topics of interest to
the group, but has not looked at each item in the tariff in order to
propose alternatives.  I think it's the Executive Committee that needs to
develop a position on an alternative to the original IP tariff.  Perhaps
the Executive Committee should officially meet ASAP and work out the
details so that we are prepared if IP really meets with us.  If enough
people come to Kyra's house tonight we could get the ball rolling.  Joyce

Dr. Joyce E. Hofmann
Research Scientist
Curator, Illinois Natural History Survey Mammal Collection
Co-curator, University of Illinois Museum of Natural History Mammal
Collection Center for Biodiversity
Illinois Natural History Survey
607 E. Peabody Drive
Champaign, IL 61820