[Trees-executive] Moratorium on Trimming

Jerry Landay j-landay at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Sun Mar 25 13:33:35 CST 2001

FYI, See below for what Gretchen Knapp and her Bloomington-Normal group are
doing with regard to halting all IP "tree-management" operations until there
are acceptab le standards on the books.  Let's discuss Monday, and get the
Legal Committee in on this.  Landay

    Hi Jerry -

We're asking our town, city, and county boards to pass resolutions
that there be a moratorium on tree-trimming by IP until the final tariff
(acceptable to us) has been passed.  We strongly suggest that you do
the same, if you haven't done so already.  It's easy to do.  Since you
already
have the county board considering filing a petition as an intervenor,
just ask the board member who made this motion (and whoever seconded it)
to change the motion in Exec. Committee to the resolution for a moratorium.
You'll have to lobby the board in advance, and your mayors and city
managers, if applicable, too.

G.