[Trees-executive] Gretchen's 14points

Pauline Bartolone alice_redqueen at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 27 21:50:40 CST 2001

How many of you all are on Gretchen Knapp's email list? Should I keep
forwarding these messages? Attached is Gretchen's 14 points.
Pauline

Howdy Concerned Citizens!

         Meeting with Municipalities
         Attached to this message are the
         14 talking points we're putting
         forth in today's meeting with
         the municipalities.  We gathered
         these from our extensive notes
         at C-U's hearing and from consulting
         with local arborists and citizens.

         Petition Drive Resumes
         The tariff is far from over!  We need
         to continue collecting signatures
         on petitions.  This is a delicate
         window of opportunity so let's
         ask our friends and neighbors
         to sign to show their support
         of Save Our Trees and their opposition
         to IP's tree-trimming methods.

         Buttons, Brochures & Ribbons
         Let's redouble our efforts to educate
         our communities as to IP's tree-trimming
         practices.  Buttons and ribbons are
         available.  We have permission from
         the municipalities to leave the ribbons
         up through Arbor & Bird Day, April 27.
         New brochures are in the works, but
         don't hesitate to distribute the old ones!

         Letter to the Pantagraph
         All you great letter writers, send your comments
         and concerns about IP's tree-trimming
         methods to Mr. Bill Wills of The Pantagraph
         at bwills at pantagraph.com.  Limit yourself
         to 350 carefully chosen words, please.
         Include your phone number, address,
         and name.  ISU students, write to The Vidette.
         IWU students, write to The Argus.  Let's make
         our voices heard loud and clear!

         Next Meeting -- Mark Your Calendar
         April 7 10 a.m.         Bloomington Public Library

         See you there!

         Volunteers - Now is the Hour!
         Can you circulate a petition?  write a letter?
         tie ribbons around trees?  pass out brochures?
         sell buttons?  Let us know!  We value your
         input.  Buttons, ribbons, and brochures are
         available at the Ecology Action Center next
         to Normal Public Library.

         Save Our Trees!