[Trees-executive] PLAYING INTO DYNEGY'S HANDS

Jerry Landay j-landay at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 28 17:27:10 CST 2001

Group!!!!!

	As Clark Bullard stated, and he's an old hand at this sort of thing, one of
Dynegy's aims is to take the wind out of our sales.  If, as I hear, we
intend not to submit a formal, written list of recommendations to the cities
and to Rutherford, we have played directly into their hands.

	We lose momentum.  The public thinks the battle is over.  They have no
incentive to donate to SOT.   We continue to be shut out at the negotiating
table.  We have no input.  We have no nothing.

	I argue that the process of formalizing a set of citizen wishes, and inject
ourselves into the process, should occur NOW.  Otherwise we are contributing
to the terrible vacuum that Dynegy wants.  And they'll come roaring back.
The working group of legislators need to feel continuing pressure at their
backsides.

	To do nothing now spells the end of it.  Dynegy has won.  SOT either walks
its talk or folds.

	Jerry Landay