[Trees] We need help getting signatures!

Pauline Bartolone alice_redqueen at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 20 22:06:59 CST 2001

Fellow Tree advocates!

The Membership and Outreach committee needs help getting signatures on our
affidavit! IP Customers need 5,000 by April 10th! We are submitting these
affidavits as testimony to the Illinois Commerce Commission to demonstrate
the vast public disappoval of Illinois Power's tree cutting plan. The
affidavit simply states that those who sign are suporters of the Illinois
Power Customers United to Save our Trees, and think that the ICC should
reject the IP plan. You can help us get signatures in the following ways:

Pick up some affadavits at the office of the Illinois Student Environmental
Network  at 110 South Race st. ( intersecting Main street),
Urbana, or download it from the save our trees website  www.saveiltrees.org.
Collect signatures from people at work, friends or neighbors.

The membership and outreach committee is going door to door getting
signatures. Going door to door in our neighborhoods is the fastest way that
we can get signatures, and even an hour of canvassing can get a considerable
amount of signatures.

We are still trying to fundraise for the $15,000 in legal costs for the
campaign. We are also selling Save Our Trees buttons for a dollar, handing
out literature, and distributing ribbons for a suggested donation of $25. If
you would like any of this material to go canvassing with, stop by the ISEN
office (address given above).

We are also seeking volunteers to set up a table at supermarkets to collect
signatures and fundraise. If you have a couple of hours of free time to
volunteer, it would be greatly appreciated.

Call 384-0830 or email me at alice_redqueen at hotmail.com or Colleen Sarna at
csarna at yahoo.com

Thanks,
Pauline Bartolone   Co-Chair Outreach and Membership