[Vip-environmental] Weekend Events

Stephanie Juen juen at uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 21 20:28:55 CDT 2005

Hello,

Happy (almost) Earth Day!!!
I hope you have all had a great National Volunteer Week and
enjoyed the nice weather while it lasted. I just wanted to
remind you guys of what we have going on this weekend.

Tomorrow we will be handing out informational material on
the quad (weather permitting) to promote campus awareness
about environmental issues. Come by and help or stop by to
get info for yourself (and FREE candy)!

Saturday we will be going out to Meadowbrook for another
workday. We had a lot of fun at Busey Woods, so come join us
for this one if you couldn't make it last weekend. Most
likely we will be helping with non-native species removal.
We will be leaving from the Union Circledrive at 8:30 am and
should be back between 11:30 and 12. Transportation between
the Union and the event will be provided as always. Snacks
provided afterwards!

This wonderful week of volunteering comes to a close on
Sunday with the Sunshine Jubilee. I highly encourage you to
come. It's going to be a ton of fun! Plus, FREE FOOD!!! And
a chance to put a pie in my face. :) 3-5 pm at Frat Park.
Stop by at anytime even if you haven't volunteered with us
in the past.

I hope to see a bunch of you in the next few days!

Steph