[Vip-healthneeds] Volunteer Illini Projects****Important News

nassin at uiuc.edu nassin at uiuc.edu
Mon Aug 29 20:57:02 CDT 2005

Hello VIPers,
To the old and the new volunteers welcome back to another
year in the lovely Champaign-Urbana and get ready for a fun
filled semester of events with Health Needs. There are a few
important details in the email and I will have a second
email to you by the end of the week about upcoming events!

*******Orientation Nights***********************************
Health Needs is having orientation nights this semester on
Monday, September 5th from 7-8pm in 209 Union and Thursday,
September 8th from 6-7pm in 217 Union. These will be short
meetings and should only last about a half an hour, but in
that time you can speak to coordinators from various Health
agencies in the area and learn how to get involved! It will
be lots of fun and I look forward to seeing you all!!! A
number of volunteers requested to be considered for
leadership positions, we can discuss the options further at
these meetings.

The deadline to register for volunteering at Carle Hospital
is Friday, September 9th. To get more information please
contact Barb Laubenthal at 383-3362. She is aware that
volunteers will contact her and can get you all of the
paperwork. Also, once you have been assigned a weekly time
slot please email me and let me know so we can work out
possible car pools and group volunteering.

Thanks so much and if you ever have any questions feel free
to contact me at nassin at uiuc.edu