[Vip-healthneeds] Exciting Volunteer Opportunities

nassin at uiuc.edu nassin at uiuc.edu
Tue May 3 13:38:13 CDT 2005

Volunteer Illini Health Projects:
We have a few new opportunities for the end of the semester
and the summer! So check them out and email me with any
questions at nassin at uiuc.edu.

1. Personal Aide to Elderly man who suffered from stroke
2. Provena covenant Medical Center's "Grandma's attic sale"

******************* Personal Aide ***************************
A man who recently suffered a strong is in need of
assistance. The patient's family is looking for a volunteer
to provide companionship/supervision to the patient when the
patient is discharged home.  The family is trying to achieve
24-hour supervision, but has a gap from about 4pm to 7pm
daily during which no family members are available to help
out.
With any questions please contact Melissa Kane, Social Work
Intern at Carle, at 326-1781.

************** Provena's "Grandma's Attic Sale" *************
The auxiliary at Provena Covenant Medical Center is
hosting "Grandma's Attic Sale", a fundraiser that benefits
scholarships and other service projects of the auxiliary.
We are asking for volunteers to donate items such as linens,
workable appliances, lamps, books,  jewelry, dishes,
household items, furniture, knickknacks, clean and wearable
clothing, etc.  These items can be dropped off at the
Provena Covenant front lobby between 9am-1pm on April 16,
May 14, or May 28, 2005.
We would also like to invite volunteers to participate in
the actual sale on June 25, 2005.  Please contact
AmandaJHolt at ProvenaHealth.com or 217-337-2378 to participate
in the event