[Vip-healthneeds] Alternative Spring Break

nassin at uiuc.edu nassin at uiuc.edu
Tue Nov 8 09:10:17 CST 2005

Hey guys,
These are VIP independant activites, but I thought they
might interest you guys!
Thanks,
Michele

ALTERNATIVE SPRING BREAK!
want to GO SOMEWHERE and DO SOMETHING?

ASB offers a week of service over spring break in different
locations in the U.S., each dealing with a specific issue.
Here are some health-related trips we're sending out this
Spring:

Drug Rehabilitation- Wellington, CO

Participants will be working at Harvest Farm, a male drug
rehabilitation center made up of about sixty men recovering
from drug and/or alcohol addiction. The group will be able to
work with the men at the center doing work on the farm such
as
daily livestock chores, grounds maintenance, helping in the
kitchen, and participating in group meetings.

HIV/AIDS- New York City, NY

Participants will be working with God�s Love We Deliver, an
organization whose mission is to improve the health and
well-being of men, women, and children living with HIV/AIDS,
cancer, and other serious illnesses by alleviating hunger and
malnutrition. The group will be spending their time assisting
in the kitchen with food preparation and delivering the meals
to homes where they are needed.

For more information on other trips and issues, please visit
our website at www.illinoisasb.org. Also, feel free to email
Amanda at aclennon at uiuc.edu with any questions. =)

Applications are located in the ASB cube in the RSO complex
of
the Union. Site-facilitator applications are due Wednesday,
November 9th and general applications are due Wednesday,
November 16th.