[Vip-healthneeds] tons of new opportunities!

tkim10 at uiuc.edu tkim10 at uiuc.edu
Sun Apr 2 20:45:28 CDT 2006

Hi everyone!
  Hopefully everyone is safe from the tornado outside.  For
the month of April there are a ton of new opportunities.
National Volunteer week takes place in April so take advantage
of all these fun places to volunteer!

1. April 15th MDA (muscular dystrophy association) fundraiser
at county market
The MDA is teaming up with County Market and Johnsonville
Bratwurst to fundraise money for muscular dystrophy research.
 This is the busiest day of the year for County Market, and
tons of help will be needed!  I need atleast 8 volunteers who
will help sell and hand out meals.  If you are interested,
there will be a sign posted on the VIP door tomorrow morning
(by 10 a.m.).  Deadling for signing up will be Wednesday at 4 p.m.

2. April 8th YMCA's Health Kids Day
The YMCA (on campus!!) will be having a healthy kids days
where children will be participating in a gymnastics obstacle
course, eating healthy snacks, and walking one mile.  8
volunteers are needed for this event.  If you are interested
contact Libby Tirado at LIBBY at ccymca.net AND please notify me
that you will be participating so I can keep track of hours.

3. Greater Community AIDS Project's Aritsts Against AIDS April
27 - May 1
Greater Community AIDS Project (GCAP) will be hosting their
annual fundraiser.  All types of artwork will be sold at a
formal art exhibition.  Specifically on April 15 & 16  from
noon-3 volunteers are needed to help clean out the building
(in preparation of the event).  On April 28, volunteers are
needed to serve wine at the Grand Opening.  If you haven't
volunteered at all this semester, please atleast come out on
April 28 during National Volunteer Week!! Then on May 3 from
3-5 Volunteers are needed to help clean up the event.  There
will be a sign up sheet on the VIP door so please sign up
ASAP.  The deadline for signing up is Friday 9 a.m.

4. VIP's Sunshine Jubilee!!!!Mark your calendars!
This year's Sunshine Jubilee, our annual
volunteer recognition event, is going to take place on April
30th from 5-7pm at Washington (Frat) Park.  We're going to
have a lot of great things in store for you to thank you for
all the hard work and time you've given to VIP this year!
This event is all about YOU.  Please reserve this date on your
calendar and feel free to bring friends!

Look out for an email closer to the date with more info on the
entertainment, food, awards, and more!

I'd love to receive feedback from you guys about what kind of
entertainment, activities, etc. would make you guys want to be
there! Let me know :)

5. April 29 Arthritis Foundation's Walk
Arthritis Foundation needs people to get involved in their
walk! For every person that walks, donations go towards the
Arthritis Foundation.  For more info contact Gina at
gvercel2 at uiuc.edu