[Vip-healthneeds] first week of OCTOBER EVENTS :)

tkim10 at uiuc.edu tkim10 at uiuc.edu
Sun Oct 1 23:27:29 CDT 2006

Hey VIP-HN!

This week is somewhat unique b/c ordinarly, VIP-HN doesn't have too many things that are mandatory.  But this week, b/c we're cosponsering the upcoming GCAP (Greater Community AIDs Project WALK) everyone needs to get involved.

On October 3, Tues. we will be chalking the quad from 430-530 p.m. for the GCAP walk. If you are interested, plan to meet outside the steps of Foellinger, and e-mail Monica at mrados2 at uiuc.edu.  It's a really easy way to get an hour of volunteer time in.

On Oct. 5, Thurs from 2-4 p.m. we're having a free Papa John's pizza/ poster making party outside of the union on the quad.  The catch to the free pizza is that to get some, you must stop and help to make a poster for the AIDS walk. All supplies will be provided.  This can take as little as 10 minutes, and you get free pizza! :)  So stop by and help promote the upcoming event.

On Oct. 5, Thurs, 6-7 p.m. we're chalking the quad for the GCAP event.  Again meet ouside of Foellinger.  E-mail yasmine at ykieso2 at uiuc.edu if you are interested.

On Friday Oct. 6, there will be MANDATORY flyering for a half hour time slot anytime from 10-3.  Email Sagar at sjshah2 at uiuc.edu to let him know what time slot you will be doing.  You simply have to pick up a stack of flyers from the manilla folder on the VIP-HN door, and hand out flyers in front of the union to people passing by.  Make sure you sign up your name on the sign in sheet (it'll be attached to the door).  It's a great way to get as many people as we can involved in this walk.

On Sunday Oct. 8, finally, we have the GREATER COMMUNITY AIDS PROJECT walk!  It's 1 mile from Illini Grove to the Almamater, and free bbq will be provided!  It runs from 1030 a.m. (help w/ set up) to 2 p.m.  I don't actually think it will take this long, but plan to be there until 2 or so.  There will be entertainment as well (the Zoo Troop Theater and possibly the girls next door acapella group).  Every single RSO and greek house has been invited, so we're hoping it's big!  If you are interested, e-mail sagar at sjshah2 at uiuc.edu.

Have a great week guys!

Don't forget to get your mandatory flyering in!

Theresa
Golden Key Honorary Society
Volunteer Chair
Volunteer Illini Projects