[Vip-healthneeds] events this week!

tkim10 at uiuc.edu tkim10 at uiuc.edu
Tue Sep 19 22:45:53 CDT 2006

Hi VIP-HN!

I hope everyone is having an awesome week.  HOpefully it't not too busy.  But even if you are loaded w/ work, here are some great ways to take a break:

1. Swann Special Care Center 1-4 Sat. 23
We need atleast 10 volunteers for this event, and so far we have 0!!!  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE come on out for a few hours on Sat.  We will be helping Swann out w/ service projects they have.  If you are interested e-mail Tripta at tgupta2 at uiuc.edu  If you need a ride, let her know.  Meet at 1230 p.m. on Sat. at the circle union drive.

2. CUSR (Champaign Urbana Special Recreation) Orientation Meeting on Wed. Sept. 27 at 7 p.m. location TBA
If you are interested in doing any of the cooking classes w/ CUSR, you must attend this orientation meeting.  It doesn't take long at all.  Please e-mail me back w/ the subject "CUSR ORIENTATION INTEREST" if you would like to come.

3. CUSR COOKING CLASS Sept. 28 at 530-830
So far I have Jonathan Li, Stnaley Wong, and Kerri McCall signed up for this event.  Please e-mail Jen Ferrer, jferre4 at uiuc.edu, if you would like to attend.  Remember that you must complete #2 (CUSR ORIENTATION) in order to attend this group cooking event.

Just to give a heads up, CUSR works w/ individuals w/ mental disabilities.

Have a great rest of the week.  Last week, we actually ended up canceling two of our events b/c we didn't have enough volunteers to run the events:(  Let's pick it up and really get involved and show our agencies what VIP is all about! :)

Theresa