[Vip-healthneeds] Fwd: summer volunteering at Carle

Anne Bartels anne.bartels at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 18:35:36 CST 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Anne Bartels <anne.bartels at gmail.com>
Date: Mar 7, 2007 6:33 PM
Subject: summer volunteering at Carle
To: gupta.tripta at gmail.com

Hi VIP-HN Volunteers!!!

I am recapping what you need to do in order to volunteer at Carle Hospital
this summer or in the future!!

CARLE Hospital Volunteering:

APPLICATIONS: are available at Carle Hospital or I have copies available in
the VIP office. (Third floor of the union--RSO complex). Applications are
being accepted for the summer session and the orientation is May 1st. The
typical volunteer commitment is 3 hours a week. The Student Volunteer
Program Coordinator said that she would be flexible with the dates of
participation for the summer session as needed to accommodate students'
schedules.

IMMUNIZATIONS: a TB test is required within 12 months of volunteering. TB
tests are free at McKinley. Simply walk in Mon-Friday, excluding Thurs, to
get one.
Also you'll need to go to Records in McKinley to get a copy of your
immunization records: you'll need to show proof that you've had MMR, Rubela,
Rubeola, Mumps, as listed on the application. All of these immunizations are
required for you to be a registered student at the university so these
records are on file at McKinley. The chicken pox immunization/or record that
you've already had chicken pox might not be on record at the university. You
will most likely have to contact your physician at home to show proof you've
had that vaccine/or already contracted the virus.

I am awaiting response from the Carle hospital's student volunteer program
coordinator for the due date of the application for the summer session. Just
keep in mind for now that the orientation meeting is May 1st. I have also
inquired as to the due date for applications for the fall semester.

I will pass along more info as it becomes available.
Thanks all,
Anne