[Vip-healthneeds] Daffodil Days Volunteer Opportunity!

VIP Health Needs vip.health.need at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 21:03:45 CDT 2007

Hey VIP! I'm sorry for the late notice, but I was just sent an email with
the details about an upcoming volunteer opportunity. The American Cancer
Society's Daffodil Days is coming up and they need some help with the
process of assembly. Daffodil Days is an annual event in which daffodils are
sent to people receiving treatment for, or recovering from, cancer. This
task they're asking help with is pretty simple, basically just dividing out
the orders and tying use and care cards to the flowers. However, with the
huge amount of flowers being dealt with, any and all help is greatly
appreciated! The flowers will be delivered this Thursday at noon, so we
would be heading over to Orange and Blue Distributing at that time. (Don't
worry about finding a ride, VIP will take care of it!) There is no set
ending time, but I thought we could stay until around 2.

Here's the recap:
What? Daffodil Days assembly
Where? Orange and Blue Distributing (we will meet at Circle Drive outside
the Union on the Green Street side)
When? 12 pm - 2 pm (meet at Union at noon)
Why? To do something nice and help out cancer patients before spring break!

Let me know if you are at all interested in this opportunity by emailing me
at vip.health.need at gmail.com. Also, please feel free to contact me with any
questions! Thanks so much and good luck with exams this week!

--Meghan Skotnicki
Volunteer Illini Project - Health Needs