[Vip-hh] SLEEP OUT in Chicago

nicholss at uiuc.edu nicholss at uiuc.edu
Thu Feb 10 09:24:47 CST 2005

Hello Volunteers!

We have a great opportunity to go to Chicago and participate
in a student organized SLEEP OUT February 19th to February
20th.  This is a 24 hour demonstration to educate people
about hunger, homelessness, and poverty.  It will be held on
Michigan Avenue by the Water Tower and go from noon on
Saturday to noon on Sunday.  There will be a huge press
conference on Saturday from 1pm to 3pm, so we will leaving
Champaign-Urbana about 8am on Saturday.  More information
about the goals of the demonstration can be found at
www.tothestreets.org

Schools that are currently attending include: Illinois State
University, DePaul University, Marquette University,
Mushingum College, Washington University in St. Louis, Moody
Bible Institute, Judson College, Wheaton College, and of
course University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana!

If you are interested in going please e-mail me, Gillian, at
nicholss at uiuc.edu for more information about logistics,
safety, ect  We are also looking for people to drive, so let
me know if you have a vehicle and are able to drive!

Peace,
Gillian