[VIP-HH] cooking for Center for Women in Transition

peggyloo at uiuc.edu peggyloo at uiuc.edu
Mon Mar 7 14:01:06 CST 2005

Hi all!

Anyone interested in COOKING as a volunteer activity? :)

My name's Peggy, I'm heading up the Center for Women in
Transition for the rest of this semester. good to meet you!
=P For those of you that may not know what CWIT is, it's a 2-
year shelter for women and children that offers housing,
educational, and job services for those that are in
transition from homelessness, domestic violence, poverty, and
other backgrounds.

SO, NEXT MONDAY, (3/14) I'm looking for 3-4 volunteers that
will help cook dinner for these women. This is a great
volunteering opportunity because we get a chance to interact
and get to know the people we serve, which is often rare.

We'll get there from 3:30-4:00 to start cooking. (They will
have a food pantry that we are free to use ingredients from.)
Dinner is served from 5-5:30, and lasts about half an hour.
We'll clean up afterwards, until 6:30 at the latest.

Please let me know if you are interested, and I'll contact
you about more details.

Have a great week guys, enjoy the wacky weather!

*~Peggy Loo