[Vip-hh] Volunteer @ St.Judes Soup Kitchen Saturday, Sept.16th

Arpit Agrawal agrawal2 at uiuc.edu
Tue Sep 5 15:58:46 CDT 2006

Hey you guys,

My name is Shruti, and I am the coordinator for the St. Judes Catholic
Worker House. I have set up a time, *Saturday, September 16th from
9:30am-1:00pm **(can have 2 time slots)* to have us volunteer at their soup
kitchen. For those of you who do not know, St.Judes provides shelter to
families as well as providing daily lunch. The unique thing about
St.Judesis that the people are treated like guests, where they sit at
a large table
and are fed with china (instead of disposable dishes). We, the volunteers,
will prepare, serve meals, and clean from 9:30am-1:00pm. It's a really nice
environment, and will definitely be a great experience.

*Please email me by September 10th if you'd be willing to volunteer on the
16th because I need to let them know how many volunteers we will have.

*Transportation *will* be provided, and if you cannot make it for the full
time, I can provide *2 time slots* (from 9:30-11:30 & 11:30-1:00 or some
variation thereof).

I look forward to working with you all! :)

--
Shruti Gupta
College of LAS
sgupta20 at uiuc.edu